Your Agent Will Handle all the Details
Receiving an offer for your home is one of the most exciting moments. A qualified buyer has found your home and is prepared to buy it! But what is an offer, exactly?
A formal offer is a legal document that states the price the buyer is proposing to pay as well as other details such as terms and conditions. Terms describe certain buyer’s requests such as proposed possession date or what other goods a buyer wants to include in the sale. Conditions are certain requirements that must be satisfied before the sale is considered final. Typical conditions are home inspection and mortgage financing approval.
Ideally, when you receive an offer, you will want to sell your house to that buyer for the highest price possible. In addition, you’ll want to make sure there are no potential problems that might prevent the deal from closing such as the buyer being unable to arrange financing.
I realize this may sound complicated. Don’t worry. As your real estate agent, I’ll take care of all the details. For example, I will:
- Review the offer with you and explain everything clearly;
- Give you my professional assessment as to the quality of the offer, and if there are things that concern me, point them out to you;
- Advise you on whether to accept the offer, reject the offer, or make a counter-offer;
- Prepare a counter-offer, if necessary, that gets you a better deal, without risking the sale slipping through your fingers;
- Skillfully negotiate with the buyer on your behalf so you sell your home for the highest price possible;
- Prepare all the necessary legal documents and work closely with the buyer and his or her agent to make sure the transaction goes through smoothly;
- Communicate with you throughout the entire process – you’re never in the dark when you work with me!
Want to discuss how much you may be able to get for your house? Please submit the form below or call or email me for a no-obligation Personal Consultation.